ProfileStep back in time and discover Oroville’s rich and racy history on the first Saturday of every month with your guide, Daniel Ballard. Daniel, a member of the Butte County Historical Society, has been serving as a docent and collecting stories from local historians since the age of 15. He is truly passionate about Oroville’s history and making it accessible to the community. This is also a great opportunity to get out and see the revitalization efforts and new businesses.What: FREE walking Tour, but we encourage you to tip your guide if you are able.When: The first Saturday of every month – 3 pm, 6 pm, and 8 pm
Where: All tours start at the Oroville Municipal Auditorium.
Questions: Call 530-764-9262
Upcoming Tour Highlights for September 4th:
The State Theater:
- Tour the beautiful Historic State Theatre at 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm, and 8:00 pm. Step back in time to an era when Oroville was known as, “Little Broadway” and learn about the State Theatre’s role in Oroville’s cultural history!
- The Ritz Club (going inside!)
- The mysterious airship of 1896
- Saint Pauls labyrinth on Pine street
June 5th Tour:
- Southern Pacific Depot
- Old Butte County Courthouse
- The strange death of Julian Wera.
- The Levee and the Story of the Feather River Monster
- The Veterans Memorial Park and some of our local heroes
- Inside the Monday Club
- The first bank of Oroville the McWilliams Bank
- And some surprises along the way!
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.